Darktrace Shortlisted for Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) Awards
Mathematics and Machine Learning Approach for Cyber Defense Earns Prestigious Recognition
Darktrace was today announced as a finalist in a worldwide competition to recognize the best innovations in engineering, science and technology.
Darktrace was selected as a finalist in recognition of its innovative approach to cyber defense, named the Enterprise Immune System, which is powered by ground-breaking probabilistic mathematics and machine learning developed at the University of Cambridge.
The Institution of Engineering and Technology’s (IET) Innovation Awards recognize excellence across 16 categories from sustainability and transport to communications and healthcare technologies. The international, annual awards scheme is now in its tenth year and provide a unique opportunity for engineering inventors to showcase their brightest ideas.
Darktrace is delighted that the fundamental mathematical innovation at the heart of its ‘immune system’ solution has been selected by the IET’s judges as a contender for these prestigious awards.
For information about the IET Innovation Awards, visit www.theiet.org/awards.
About the IET
- The IET is one of the world’s largest organisations for engineers and technicians. We have nearly 160,000 members in 127 countries around the world.
- The IET is working to engineer a better world. We inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community, supporting technology innovation to meet the needs of society.
- The IET is the Professional Home for Life® for engineers and technicians, and a trusted source of Essential Engineering Intelligence® and thought leadership.
- For more information, visit www.theiet.org.
More about the IET Engineering Excellence Awards Series
- In 2013, the IET provided over £1,000,000 in awards, prizes and scholarships, to celebrate excellence and innovation in the sector and encourage the next generation of engineers and technicians.
- The IET will maintain this investment in 2014 with its portfolio of awards which includes Diamond Jubilee scholarships, Apprentice and Technician awards, scholarships in India, the Present around the World competition and the IET A F Harvey Engineering Research Prize.
Darktrace is one of the world's fastest-growing cyber defense companies and the leader in Enterprise Immune System technology, a new category of cyber solutions based on pioneering Bayesian mathematics developed at the University of Cambridge. Darktrace addresses the challenge of insider threat and advanced cyber-attacks through its unique ability to detect previously unidentified threats in real time, as manifested in the emerging behaviors of the network, devices and individuals. Some of the world's largest organizations rely on Darktrace's adaptive, self-learning platform to spot anomalous activity within the enterprise, in sectors including energy and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, retail and transportation. Darktrace was founded by world-class machine learning specialists and operational government intelligence experts. The company is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with offices in London, Milan, New York, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C.